In just over a week I head out to Australia for more than two weeks before heading over to Fiji – and I am very excited! My only gripe is the 31 hours between Glasgow and Sydney, and as we land at 9am local time, I want to be bright-eyed, ready for the day and not jet-lagged.
So, here is a little list of my absolute carry-on essentials to leave me feeling refreshed, rested and occupied.
1. Ear Plugs – I like sleep.
2. The Bodyshop Vitamin E Face Mist – a lovely light moisturiser to keep my skin from drying out thanks to the re-circulated air in the plane. It’s also a handy make-up setter.
3. Nivea Roll-On Deodorant – I usually prefer a spray but I don’t want to gas out my fellow passengers!
4. Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Morning After Dry Shampoo – great for tackling my combination of fly-away hair and greasy roots.
5. Simple Kind To Skin Smoothing Face Scrub – this is for my pre-nap and post-nap routine, just to make me feel that little bit fresher.
6. Mini Hair Brush – to deal with my mass of hair.
7. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder – my absolute favourite pressed powder.
8. Benefit High Beam – this is my second favourite highlighter ever (only losing out to Benefit Moon Beam which was discontinued *sob*) and is perfect to sit under make up, or with no make up at all. It also gives a lovely dewy glow.
9. Sanctuary Illuminating Lotion SPF15 – this is a thicker lotion to whack on before I leave the plane in Sydney. According to the weather it is going to be a whopping 31 degrees and clear when we land, so a little SPF will go a long way!
10. Travel Pillow – see point 1.
11. MacBook Air – to blog, watch movies and ignore the rest of the aircraft.
12. Olay Gentle Clean Face Wipes – to wipe away make-up and generally freshen up my face.
13. iPhone 5s – for Candy Crush.
14. Rimmel London Matte BB Cream – I’m not usually one for BB Creams – I was forever a heavy foundation girl – but I came across this accidentally when I ran out of said foundation and had a freebie sachet from a magazine. It was love from day one as it’s light and doesn’t cake up.
15. Maybelline Baby Lips – no-one likes a chapped lip!
16. Flight Socks – it’s a long flight, and as un-sexy as they are, I really don’t want DVT. My feet tend to swell on even the smallest of flights (thanks to breaking my foot multiple times as a child) so anything I can do to avoid swelling I’ll do.
These are my main essentials and I really cannot wait to set off on my travels 🙂
What are your travel essentials? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
– love Carla x