But which is better?
I’ve decided to assemble a list of the pros and cons of being in a relationship to see if I can come up with a definitive answer.
- Extra birthday presents
- Extra Christmas presents
- Parents stop pestering you about “finding a nice girl”
- No pressure to pull on a night out
- Split the costs of meals
- Having to buy extra birthday presents
- Having to buy extra Christmas presents
- Valentine’s Day
- Confined from seeing your friends whenever you want
- Can’t pull on nights out anymore
- Less space and duvet cover in bed
- Parents start pestering about marriage and children
- Double dates
I really struggled to come up with the pros of a relationship and judging by this list it’s clear to see that I’m happy being single – but these are just my opinions.
Some of you probably enjoy spending time with that special someone on Valentine’s Day, and enjoy cuddles with no bed cover, a dead arm and a face full of hair.
Maybe I’m just a narcissist, maybe it’s because I’m still young but in my opinion there’s just too much pressure on us to find that special someone and end up rushing in to meaningless relationships that move too fast.